Here you will see students as young as 4 and 5 years old doing algebra and "advanced" math, without ever knowing it's supposed to be hard.
You are invited to learn how to use this method...



Thursday, November 11, 2010

Fast Fractions Lesson.

This is a screencast of a fractions lesson I did with one of my students.

This is not a beginner lesson but more of an intermediate lesson, after a lot of introductory lessons have already been done.

I did the screencast in one take and obviously without editing...lol...as two of my younger students make a surprise appearance near the end.



I would hope that you can see how you could incorporate lessons on skip counting and multiplication into your fractions lesson with these blocks...the students don't need to have mastered multiplication first and indeed can use lessons like this to learn multiplication.


http://www.crewtonramoneshouseofmath.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment