Here you will see students as young as 4 and 5 years old doing algebra and "advanced" math, without ever knowing it's supposed to be hard.
You are invited to learn how to use this method...



Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Precalculus is childs play...

I spend so much time with the little kids people think we don't do "higher math" at Crewton Ramone's House of Math....

Boils down to simple concepts...applied.

Here is a problem at random that we worked on:



I am inhibited by the fact that I only have 5 minutes to screencast, or 10 minutes on yourtube...here is a problem solving page that shows the exact same CONCEPTS we used to do this pre-calc problem.

Okay, now I must do a page to go along with square numbers about Pythagorean Theorem, because this student did not do so well when it came to "Distance Formula" and finding the mid-point of the line. Distance Formula in 5 minutes or less...



Now once you have watched that, finding the midpoint of the line problems are also EASY:



Here is another problem from the session my job is making it easy and understandable:

One thing I left out of the screencast was the drawing of the graph, which is kind of crucial for understanding...otherwise it's just some symbols. Those symbols describe a graph...and I made him draw it out so the answer makes MORE sense.

One more very easy problem solving question and that's it for this blog post. I want to do webinars to teach homeschoolers and teachers how to get from the so called "simple math" to the more "complex math" or "harder higher math".



With reading, watching vids and screencasts this post should take you about half an hour to 45 min...but it should show you where it is we are going with the foundations set up for preschoolers and kindergartners with concept based manipulative teaching. I will come back and add more later so you may want to come back and see if I've added updates.

Many of the students that were taught with this method as youngsters go on to ace the "higher math"...and understand it. This post should help you see why.

Get it? "Y"!!! OMG I'm the funniest MF you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment